The School of Applied Sciences & Technology of Shahjalal University of Science & Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh, seeks papers describing significant research contributions to the engineering fields for the Journal of Engineering Research, Innovation and Education (JERIE).
The journal aims to publish high quality articles in all areas of Engineering research and Education in order to provide an academic platform for professionals and researchers to contribute innovative work in the scientific field. Moreover, it will provide an equal opportunity for the local scholars as well as outsiders from different areas. However, JERIE only welcomes the original articles, scholarly presentations, and reviews, and facilitates the research and wishes to publish papers to be covered but not limited to:
- Civil Engineering, Environment and Architecture;
- Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics;
- Chemical, Food processing, Petroleum and mining;
- Mechanical, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering.
The journal also encourages the submission of useful manuscripts on Engineering education policies, systems and future trends either of positive or negative results. This is a FREE of charge, quality controlled, Peer Reviewed, international journal. Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
All papers must be submitted online following the link: . In case of emergency, if the link down for any instant, please wait, or contact via email to the Editorial Office ( ). If you have any queries concerning this journal, please contact to Prof. Md. Abu Hayat Mithu at .
The submission system only accept manuscript in the form of Microsoft word format (.doc or .docx), or in PDF format.
DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE VIA EMAIL
Instructions for the prospective authors:
Online submission: For the online submission, first register yourself providing all the necessary information. Then login to the web, and fill the portion asked for. Provide information about all authors including corresponding author and maintain a serial of authors. Upload the manuscript without mentioning the authors name and affiliation.
Cover letter: To make a cover letter, you may follow your format in Microsoft® word format (.doc or .docx), or in PDF format, including the date of submission, address, subject and declaration. Otherwise, the main body of the cover letter “Subject: Submission of a new manuscript for publication; Dear Editor in chief, Enclosed is a paper, entitled "Title of your paper" submitted by A.B.C. Authors. Please accept it as a candidate for publication in the Journal of Engineering Research, Innovation and Education (JERIE).
Theme You must select one theme from the themes given in the list for which area your manuscript best suits.
Manuscript preparation: Prepare your manuscript in the prescribed format. Please do not alter the format or the paper size. Otherwise, simplify your manuscript following the instructions given below:
1. Paper size- Prescribed paper size is 8 x 10.5 inch. Select the 'Mirror margin', and set the value Top 1 , bottom 0.8, inside 1.3, outside 0.8, and gutter 0 (all are inch), then press the button 'apply to whole document'.
2. Title- Type your title Arial, 14, bold face, para 1.5, 6 spacing before and after. Select your title as short as possible, with no abbreviations or acronyms, limited to 200 characters.
3. Authors Name -Write the authors name in an order as Author*, A., Author, B. and Author, C; type your affiliation (name of institution, full postal address and email address for each author), indicate who is the corresponding author placing a star mark after above the name.
4 Length of Abstract- For the journal, the length of the abstract is limited to 150 to 200 words, maximum 250 words (if need, but it is not recommended). It should be Times New Roman, 10 regular fonts. A good abstract should carry the answer of the following questions: (i) Why dis you decide to do this study or work? (ii) How did you conduct the research? (iii) What dis you find? (iv) Why is this research and your finding important? (v) Why should someone read your entire essay?
5. Keywords- Select 5 to 6 words or phrase, Times new roman, 10 regular size separated by semicolon, e.g., Keyword1; Keyword2; ......... Keyword6.
6. Literature- Type your literature in Times new roman, 11, regular font style. In the paragraph section, select spacing 6 before and after, and line spacing is ‘single’. For the reference inside literature or body of the manuscript use the style as indicated: (Author, 2013) or in case of two authors, (Author1 and Author2, 20xx), or in case of three or more authors (Author1 et al., 20xx).
7. Article preparation- Divide your article into clearly defined and numbered sections. Subsections should be numbered 1.1 (then 1.1.1, 1.1.2, ...), 1.2, etc. (the abstract is not included in section numbering).
8. Math and equations- Use the equation editor to create the equation. Number equations consecutively with equation numbers in parentheses flush with the right margin, as in (1).
9. Units - Follow internationally accepted rules and conventions: use the international system of units (SI).
10. Figures and Tables -All illustrations, diagrams or photographs, are appear in color in the online and will be in black and white in printed version. If the quality of the color figure supplied is not suitable to be produced in color, the author will be the responsible. Figures should ideally be black and white, not color, and numbered sequentially. However, if color is essential to the figure please send or place a good quality color image. For Tables, do not appear the vertical lines. The heading of the Table (Times new roman, 11 font size, regular, numeric order) is placed before the table starts. When referencing your figures and tables within your paper, use the abbreviation “Fig.” even at the beginning of a sentence. Do not abbreviate “Table.” Tables should be numbered with Roman Numerals.
11. Conclusion- The conclusion to a journal article is very important. It’s pretty important to get clear about the work that the conclusion must accomplish. The formatting style is like the body of the manuscript. Do not replicate the abstract as the conclusion.
12 . Acknowledgement- Collate acknowledgements in a separate section at the end of the article before the references.
13. References- There is a clear rule for referencing articles.
For the journal: Author, I.N. (Year) 'Title of the article', Title of the journal, Vol. xx, No. Y, pp. 4- 10.
For two authors: Author1, I.N. and Author2, J.P. (Year) 'Title of the article', Title of the journal, Vol. xx, No. Y, pp. yyy- zzz.
For three or more authors: Author1, I.N. et.al. (Year) 'Title of the article', Title of the journal, Vol. xx, No. Y, pp. yyy- zzz.
Magazine articles, Newsweek, Vol. 20, pp. 48-52. Tensky, J. A. (2004), ‘How to cite newspaper articles’, The New York Times, pp. 34.
Reference from webpage, For example: Cherry, K. (2012) How to reference journal articles in APA format, Available in: https //www.verywellmind.com/how-to-reference-articles-in-apa-format-2794849 Access in: 15 May, 2018.
Back to Home